Properties of Planetary Nebulae Worksheet
Are these plots similar? 4) How do your observations compare with the model?
4) Sketch the mass loss history of the star:
5) Describe the history of mass loss from the central star.
Part B: Size and Age of the Ring Nebula 1) Length of long axis: 2) Angular Radius: 3) Actual Radius:
4) Age of nebula:
5) Size of the nebula in AU:
Part C: Mass Return Rate 1) Total Volume:
2) Emitting Volume:
3) Mass in kg:
4) Mass in solar masses:
What fraction of the star's mass was ejected into the nebula?
5) Mass Returned to ISM each year:
Is this a large amount of material?
5) Can planetary nebulae account for star formation?