Homework 6: Due October 10, 2007
- Read Mystery 2 AND Mystery 6
- If the Earth went around the Sun three times faster than it does now, what would be the length of the solar day? (Yes, I know. You've had this several times already. That should be a hint that I think it's important that you can make this picture in your head!)
- You have, so far, learned of 3 reasons that objects might have color. Which of these is dominant for stars? Which is dominant for people? Which is impossible to distinguish with your eye (in most cases)?
- What physical law causes stars to collapse out of big clouds of dust and gas?
- What physical law causes a disk to form?