Comparative Planetology Worksheet
- Why are only large craters seen on Venus?
- Why are no tiny craters seen on Earth?
- Objects in order of age:
- How can you reconcile these vastly different ages with the idea that all the planets formed at the same time?
- What is the evidence that Venusian lava does not flow far before cooling?
- What might cause Venusian flows to be different from those on Earth?
- What are the similarites between these surface features? What might this suggest about the possiblity of water on Mars?
- Which direction is downhill? How do you know?
- Sketch the flow of water; identify sources and sinks. Are you convinced that these channels are certain evidence of flowing surface water some time in the history of Mars?
- How is the interior of Uranus different from the interiors of the other outer planets?
- What is the source of the energy in the winds of the outer planets?