How to use this page: The above categories are somewhat loosely defined, and what I have chosen to classify as a homework, someone else may have chosen to classify as a lab... In a nutshell, I have defined the categories as follows:
- Activities: These include lecture demos and un-gradeable but fun things to do.
- Labs: These are formal labs which require either access to a computer, or to the materials in the department. They can not be done by a student with just a pencil and a piece of paper.
- Homeworks: Homeworks can be done with nothing more than a piece of paper, a pencil and a calculator.
- Movies: These are either animated gifs for demonstration purposes, or actual films. This category includes an inventory of the movies on the shelf in the lounge.
- Lecture Resources: This includes figures, old syllabi, an inventory of useful teaching stuff in the department, etc.
- Links of Interest: Lots of other people know a lot of stuff too! There are links to telescope main pages, magazines, lecture notes, etc., etc. on this page. Some of these pages will be useful to students, but some will just be useful to teachers.
- Prior Exam Questions: As it says, this is a list of prior exam questions that have been donated to the cause. Much like posting old exams in the library, or putting them on your own web page, these exams will be available to students. You may wish to modify these before you ask them, on the other hand, if the students have worked hard enough to find these, and memorize the answers, then they might actually have learned something!
The Clearinghouse is the sole responsibility of Stacy Palen. Any problems, questions, gripes, compliments(!) or suggestions should be directed to me via e-mail: spalen at weber.edu