The purpose of this activity is to make edible comets, i.e. ice cream! Yummy!
Audience: This activity is suitable for adults, college age students and grade school kids. Everybody likes ice cream!
Mix together the whipping cream, sugar, chocolate syrup, and chocolate
chips. Add the liquid nitrogen until the mixture freezes. Scoop into
syrofoam cups and enjoy.
- 4 Quarts of whipping cream
- 3 full styrofoam cups of sugar
- ~6 ounces of Hershey's chocolate syrup (to make the comet dirty)
- ~12 ounces of chocolate chips (to simulate bits of rock and dirt)
- ~2 liters of liquid nitrogen