Research and Publications
Research Laboratory Appointments
- Lawrence Berkeley Lab, Berkeley, California; Visiting Scientist, Summer
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, Stanford; Visiting Scientist, Summer
85, 86, 87, 89
- CERN, Geneva, Switzerland; Visiting Scientist, Summer 1992,
and Fall 1995
Publications in Elementary Particle Physics
- Comments on QCD fragmentation functions for Bc and Bc* production, Phys.
Rev. D57, 7048, 1998; (with C. R. Ji).
- Heavy meson pair production in production
in polarized e+e- annihilation,
Phys. Lett. B, 384, 1996.
- Perturbative QCD analysis of pion and kaon form factors, Phys. Rev. D42,
3764, 1990; (with C. R. Ji).
- Correlated Nuclear and Thermal Measurements in D/Pd and H/Pd Systems, Proceedings
of BYU Conference on Anomalous Nuclear Effects, October 1990, (with Jeffery,
Montgomery and Adams).
- Quantum Chromodynamics predictions for the fragmentation function of heavy
quarks, Phys. Lett. B, 593, 1987: (with C. R. Ji).
- Perturbative QCD predictions for Inclusive production of heavy mesons
annihilation, Phys. Rev. D23, 3318, 1987.
- Exclusive Heavy meson production in Zo-Decay, Phys. Rev. D23, 2982,
1985; (with B. Harms and C. R. Ji).
- Valons in Mesons, Phys. Rev. D31, 1561, 1985.
- Low-PT hadron production and a Valon-Parton Recombination Model,
Phys. Rev. D24, 2409, 1981; (with P. K. Williams).
Publications in Undergraduate Physics
- An Effective Photon Momentum in a Dielectric Medium: A Relativistic Approach (with Brad Carroll and Ron Galli), 2014, unpublished (link to the paper)
- Photon momentum and refraction of light through a uniformly moving medium: A relativistic treatment, submitted to AJP, (with Ron Galli)
- The Square Light Clock and Special Relativity, Phys. Teach., 50, 212-214, 2012, (with Ron Galli)
- A general principle for light reflecting from a uniformly moving mirror: A relativistic treatment, Am. J. Phys. 80 (8), August 201, (with Ron Galli)
- The Phase Shift in the Jumping Ring, Phys. Teach. 46, 350-357,
2008, (with Rondo Jeffery).
- Simple Experiments to Study the Earth's Magnetic Field, The Physics Teacher,
Vol 42, 458, 2004, (with Rondo Jeffery).
- Undergraduate Quantum Mechanics, Proceedings of the Workshop on Computational
Physics, Cal State Fullerton, 17, 1990.
- A trip to the Moon, Proceedings of the Workshop on Computational
Physics, Cal State Fullerton, 135, 1990.